Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Post Count 1! New member in the Capital District of NY...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by vhmike73, Dec 30, 2012.

1. vhmike73

vhmike73 New Member

Hey folks, I'm Mike. I live just north of Albany, NY. I'm driving a 2011 Silverado 1500 LT Z-71 Extended Cab (already 37750 on the odo!). I've been a Chevy fan all my life, and mostly owned Bowties. First truck was a '78 C15. Couple vehicles later (starting with a '73 Olds Delta 88 convertible that got the nose torn off in a snowstorm!), I got a '98 K1500 Silverado Ext. Cab...one of my all-time favorite vehicles. After a few years of driving that all over NY, I opted for a 2002 Ram 1500 (w/ the anemic 4.7L motor)...traded that on a GMC Canyon that I drove for a couple years. After getting back from Iraq, I bought a 2009 Silverado 1500 Ext. Cab, and made the grave mistake of worrying about mileage in December 2010- trading the pickup on an Equinox. UGH!! Within 3 months, I was back in a FS pickup- my current ride:

IMAG0028 (Mobile).jpg

I'm a NY Army National Guardsman on FTNGD-CD (Full Time National Guard Duty - Counter Drug), so I am often TDY- heading to Camp Smith (Peekskill), Fort Drum, Buffalo, LI, etc. That, and a 25 mile drive to work each way has racked up the miles pretty quickly, but I won't drive anything else!

Hope to get some good intel from this site, and if I can help, I'll try!

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome and enjoy your stay.. I know your area well I'm up in Amsterdam,NY every few weeks.. Got snow up there??

3. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Mike, it's good to have you here. :glasses:

4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016:to the GMTC

5. vhmike73

vhmike73 New Member

Oh yeah...at least 6" here in Vliet...other areas have more. I think this winter is going to be more like the winters we had when I was a kid as opposed to the last few mild/snow-free winters!

Thanks for the welcome, all!

6. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club, Mike!

I live just north of Ft. Drum. 14-16 inches of snow here!

7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

8. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to GMTC mike, glad to have you here.:great:

9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C and THANKS for YOUR SERVICE!

10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to GMTC!