Post Count 1! New member in the Capital District of NY...

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by vhmike73, Dec 30, 2012.

1. vhmike73

vhmike73 New Member

Hey folks, I'm Mike. I live just north of Albany, NY. I'm driving a 2011 Silverado 1500 LT Z-71 Extended Cab (already 37750 on the odo!). I've been a Chevy fan all my life, and mostly owned Bowties. First truck was a '78 C15. Couple vehicles later (starting with a '73 Olds Delta 88 convertible that got the nose torn off in a snowstorm!), I got a '98 K1500 Silverado Ext. Cab...one of my all-time favorite vehicles. After a few years of driving that all over NY, I opted for a 2002 Ram 1500 (w/ the anemic 4.7L motor)...traded that on a GMC Canyon that I drove for a couple years. After getting back from Iraq, I bought a 2009 Silverado 1500 Ext. Cab, and made the grave mistake of worrying about mileage in December 2010- trading the pickup on an Equinox. UGH!! Within 3 months, I was back in a FS pickup- my current ride:

IMAG0028 (Mobile).jpg

I'm a NY Army National Guardsman on FTNGD-CD (Full Time National Guard Duty - Counter Drug), so I am often TDY- heading to Camp Smith (Peekskill), Fort Drum, Buffalo, LI, etc. That, and a 25 mile drive to work each way has racked up the miles pretty quickly, but I won't drive anything else!

Hope to get some good intel from this site, and if I can help, I'll try!

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome and enjoy your stay.. I know your area well I'm up in Amsterdam,NY every few weeks.. Got snow up there??

3. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club Mike, it's good to have you here. :glasses:

4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016:to the GMTC

5. vhmike73

vhmike73 New Member

Oh yeah...at least 6" here in Vliet...other areas have more. I think this winter is going to be more like the winters we had when I was a kid as opposed to the last few mild/snow-free winters!

Thanks for the welcome, all!

6. barefoot greg

barefoot greg Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the Club, Mike!

I live just north of Ft. Drum. 14-16 inches of snow here!

7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

8. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to GMTC mike, glad to have you here.:great:

9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C and THANKS for YOUR SERVICE!

10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to GMTC!