Post Pics/Comments from Truck Meets

Discussion in 'Meets & Get-Togethers' started by GMCErica, Aug 4, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. Grizzly Guy

Grizzly Guy New Member 100 Posts

I was at the Park for 10AM,after 2 hours and no one showed ,I did leave.People showed in Ford P/Us.I was out numbered by Ford owners.
  2. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Wow what a bummer
  3. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have to say this... I am so disappointed in the members of this site.. I can't even call it a club, for the lack of support and club involvement. all the months of planning, and money spent on trying to set up something exciting for everyone, and this is the kind of support that is shown. I posted the locations 5 months in advance; giving members the opportunity to plan their vacations, comment about the locations, and the list of all the members for each region...This gave members lots of time to go to the meets; and still we get the most pathetic, lack of support and showing.. I planned my own meet, and I still drove almost 10 hours for my meet; and it was myself and two other members.... If I wanted to waste money on gas and hotel, I would have gone somewhere else. For the members that took the time to go, THANK YOU!! It means a lot to me that you all had so much fun and got a chance to spend time together; meeting, eating, and talking shop.. Makes it worth it, that you all enjoyed yourself.... No-one showed up at the Eastern Canada meet; how sad and disappointing. We haven't heard anything from the Southern Meet...

I know that this was the first meet, but come on.. members plan small city meets and get more members to come out. It makes me so angry the lack of support and showing that we got for these meets. Let this be said, I will not be planning anymore meets, let someone waste their own money and time paying for sites and organizing meets for North America.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I understand your upset, I really do, if I had done all that work and things worked out like the did, I would be pissed as well. You have to remember, not everyone could go that wanted to, for various reasons. Most people it was financial, or work I would guess. I know it was a combination of that for me.

Not saying that you don't have a reason to be irritated, but you might want to tone it down some, and think about why people couldn't go, rather then that they didn't because they couldn't be bothered.

Alex
  5. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I know I haven't responded about the meet yet so here it is. The Southern meet was about like the Western meet. SupplySgt and I are the only two that showed up. Kind of dissapointing. Since I didn't know how many were coming I decided to what and get some food after I seen the turnout. After I seen how many came I didn't even bother. I had my son with me and we brought fishing poles so we just dropped some lines and fished until the storms rolled in. I am glad I got to meet Sgt. and hope we can plan aother get together soon. Thanks Erica for all the planning and know your efforts were not totaly in vein. Sorry no pics. were taken before the storms hit. Ashame because the Storm was shined up nicely too.
  6. GMCErica

When did I say that people couldn't be bothered? did I quote that? We made the effort to go; that meant planning ahead ( 5 months) with hotels, brought our own food, split the cost in gas etc... Don't tell me that it costs that much money to go to a meet??; we spent $110 for a hotel, $180.00 in gas and about $50.00 in food/drinks for the meet.. and then some munchies and still drove the 10 hours to the meet, just to show our support, meet members. Sorry, that is the truth. I already knew that you couldn't go due to military restrictions... I posted at least 5-6 times that people should truck-pool, due to money or restrictions... And no-one bothered to respond or say, "Hey, what a good idea."

I am talking about the members that didn't even bother to respond to the thread, or said that they were going to go, confirmed then backed out.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I am no different. The post is to express my opinion, and how the lack of support that some of the members showed this weekend. This was suppose to be something special for the new, existing and for the chevy lovers... It was disappointing and sad to read how members went to the meets and no-one showed up, do you know how upset I would be if I was the only person who showed up to the meet??? We have over 70,000 active members... you mean to tell me that out of all those members, under 15 members took the time and effort to attend their meets?

Anyways, not to argue with you Alex, this is my opinion and we are all entitled to it.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  7. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I responded look up.
  8. GMCErica

LTS! you and Sgt! are awesome... I am so sorry that only 2 members showed... If you read the southern post at least 5-10 people said that they were in.. How disappointing for you, your son and srgt.. hope you got some good fishin' in?? The dealership didn't show up neither?? How pathetic of them, to confirm that they were going to come and then not show... too bad no pics... THANKS for the support :) ohhh Congrats on the ROTM!!
  9. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Member 100 Posts

DSCN1893.jpg DSCN1896.jpg
    Here are two of the lake/river where we were at..very nice indeed
    DSCN1903.jpg DSCN2012.jpg
    Enjoying a little Liquid Lightning
    DSCN2018.jpg
    Check out those red letter tires!
  10. Brezak8

Brezak8 New Member

I wish I could have gone, I'm going house to house with a wife and 3 kids, no chance I could have made it! But now that I'm getting jobs and so is my wife I'm sure we will make it next year!!!!