1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Post pics of your "Almost Classic" ('88-'98) trux!

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by moogvo, Mar 27, 2012.

1. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It seems like the new bodystyle trucks are taking over, and that is normal, but I know that there are still a BILLION of the "Almost Classic" bodystyle out there... I can't leave my house without seeing 5 of them at least! I had an '03 and it was cool, but I sold it and now have a '95. I am extremely happy with my decision! It is getting harder and harder to find these in really nice condition. It is (for me) more fun to "un-bling" these older ones and work on putting them back to original. This one had been wheeled hard and it showed. I got it on the cheap and went to work on it. It is not "done" by any means, but I am well on my way. This is the 3rd '95 I have owned.

Here's mine... Let's see yours!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

phpHamwYgAM.jpg Here is my 1995. I am the original owner. I bought it when I was in High School. I might actually sell it in the near future.

3. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

This is the truck I bought so I could learn to work on trucks. It is an '89 C/K 1500 stick 5.3 V8. I learned how to change out the brakes and put in a new starter. After that I didn't have much time to work on it so a friend bought it off me. Wish I had more pics of it too.

Blue Truck_1.jpg

4. redreatta

redreatta New Member

the green machine

Attached Files:

5. wyldhorse

wyldhorse New Member

[​IMG]
    I learned to drive 5spd on this truck as well as a low mile mint 67 mustang coupe
    It's now driven by me and my dad after my granddad passed. Still has a respectable number of miles considering it's age at 110K

6. moogvo

That's a great looking truck! Is that a '91?

7. dogred

dogred Member

I will be the first to post a lowered pic. The painjob looks better in person, stock light blue on top and a darker blue fade on the bottom.
    iphone 200.jpg iphone 199.jpg

8. Here's a couple from my '92 Sport. I purchased the truck new 20 years ago, in fact it was built 20 years ago this month. I've just painted the grille, fillers and front bumper myself. A body shop painted the hood, which was replaced some years ago. Oh, and I've just had an A.R.E tonneau installed. The truck has around 136k on it. Best vehicle I've ever owned, it just keeps going.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. wyldhorse

wyldhorse New Member

Thanks! It sure is a 91.

10. moogvo

The wheels were the give away! I like that truck. I am in the process of trying to decide if I want to put a stepside on mine or leave it fleetside. I have a chance to swap straight up with a guy that has a stepside as one of those home made trailers made from a cut up truck. Same color as my truck.