1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Post pics of your "Almost Classic" ('88-'98) trux!

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by moogvo, Mar 27, 2012.

1. gcallender

gcallender New Member

Awesome Group Of Trucks!

Mine Is A 1988 Chevrolet Xtra Cab, Longbed C1500 Pickup. Right Now It's Getting A Brand New 350GM Crate Engine. I Have Had This Truck Now For 8 Years & It Has Taken Me All Over Florida. The Body Has 430,427 Miles On It Right Now 4-17-12 Right Now I'm So Anxious To Get It Back From My Son-In-Law, Who's A GM Master Tech. He'll Get That Engine In Right. Sweet!! Copy of 1988 Chevrolet C1500 - Right.jpg
  2. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Just curious how much did the straight axle conversion cost? I want to do the same after min after the diesel conversion is done.then I want to straight axle mine and stick it on 37's.

So if you have any good info on how you went about it that would be great.
  3. Strino78

Strino78 Member

I haven't done a solid axle swap. It is on my to-do list. From what I've calculated; after sourcing a Chevy or Dodge Dana 60 front, rebuilding/refreshing, and converting the front end over from ball joints to king-pins, I'm looking at roughly $1400. The rear is much easier.
  4. MTM

MTM Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Wow that's not a bad price at all. I want to do this because as far as the IFS it's a great ride but when I'm done with the diesel conversion it will be on 37's and not really looking for a good ride anymore. Well thanks for the info
  5. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

How do you see what's behind you with the mirror adjusted like that?! :rofl:
  6. 07XCSB

07XCSB Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I don't worry about it, I just stand in it till I hear glass or smell poop! :lol:
  7. farmerall

farmerall New Member

This my 89 GMC Seirra K1500. I consider it to to be sort of an odd ball lol. It has a uncommon paint scheme that I have only seen one other chevy that was the same colors. I also think the paint is odd since it was built more as a work truck with the heavy suspension and the rubber floor. This is an older picture and I now have 33 12.5 15 on it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. Terry Hooks

Terry Hooks New Member

9. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

These are some awesome looking trucks! Let's keep the thread going! There are too many of these out there to let this thread die!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

[​IMG]

This was my cousin's truck before he had to get rid of it, but he loved that truck.