post Thanksgiving holiday decorations!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Nov 30, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'm up in the attic right on my phone pretending to get all the hard to reach decorations down. Lol

This attic is a mess. I need an attic organization system.

20131130_164047.jpg 20131130_164047.jpg

2. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Why not put some shelves up? a couple 2X4's and plywood would work wonders. Just build them around your walkway and on the back wall in a "U" shape.

But I know how you feel Steve. Try living in an apartment. We have 3 closets, 2 of which are full of boxes from floor to ceiling.

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We have a 22ft x 32 ft attic above the garage. It looked like that until last month. My wife went up there for the first time after being pregnant and asked me how the attic threw up! She went up, organized and cleaned it. Now the tornado known as Pikey will make it's way back thru slowly undoing all of her cleaning.

4. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I spent thanksgiving cleaning the basement of accumulated stuff.. Why ?? Why??do I save some of the stuff I do? Its got some value so dont throw it out but yet move it in and out of my way for years on some stuff.. Drives me nuts.. I have no patience to list stuff for sale and yet can not bring myself to throw it out.. I give to salvation army quite often but some things just dont fit to go there..I think if I came to terms that Im a pack rat I would throw everything out and then I would either go through seperation anxiety or need something that I tossed.:lol:

5. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Got my lights up! After I got mine up, my neighbors followed suit, so now Ive got to add more lol.

I dont have the snow monster yet but he's my next addition if I can find it on sale!

Attached Files:

• 068.jpg
      068.jpg
      File size:
      32.4 KB
      Views:
    • 044.jpg
      044.jpg
      File size:
      79.4 KB
      Views:
  6. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hey Steve - When you do get organized... use duct tape and a magic marker to label what's in the boxes. Just a thought. Happy organizing!

JSSmith...like your lights!