1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Post your 0-60 times for your GM truck.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by stchman, Aug 14, 2013.

1. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Just wanted to know what people's 0-60 times are.

I ran mine the other day and got ~8.2 seconds. I did a mild brake torque to get the engine revs up and let er go. I'm sure I could do better with a few more times.
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

From the factory my truck supposedly has a 0-60 time of about 7.9-8 seconds I have never tested that because I baby the truck.
  3. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

10 seconds flat :)
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Traverse is supposed to be 7.2 seconds, but that's book and not sure if the AWD helps/hurts it. I guess I have something to test on the freeway onramp when the roads dry out. :glasses:
  5. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Are these actual track times or just gunning it from a traffic light?
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That's a good point. I'm not going to take my daily driver to the track,but I should be able to either have a passenger time it, or have someone outside of the car hit me with a radar gun, I've got to know some folks that have one lying around.

I guess we could try to find one of these ... and just time it from 0 to 60.

63938RadarTrailer75.jpg
  7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

some tuners will tell you this. Ive wondered it myself a few times.

Alex
  8. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

My dad had a 1996 Yukon and it was not very quick. Doing a 0-60 is not going to destroy it IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

0-60 does not matter track or street.
  9. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It does if you care about accuracy. A track will give you a much more accurate time than just counting seconds as you take off from a traffic light in the street.
  10. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

The 96 Tahoe was quite quick if you drive it right. The tranny and engine work seamlessly with each other for each gear and when to shift. To achieve that time I would need to be WOT the entire acceleration and the engine would get very close to red line while drawing out each gear.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013