Potential oil pressure issues?

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by Xmaniac, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Xmaniac

Xmaniac New Member

Hey all,

I recently bought a s10 with a V8 swap already done to it and I have been spending the last few weeks of fixing testing and tweaking to my likes. I have noticed the oil pressure being really high and I was wondering if it is too high for its own good. At cold idle its at 93psi, after 5 minutes of idling it will settle at 50psi and after a short drive its down to 25psi. But when i get the RPMs up to 4000, Im back up to almost 100psi. which is way over the rule of 10psi for every 1000 rpms. because of this I will also get some oil coming out of valve cover breather filter on a high rev. The motor that is in the s10 is an Outlaw Circle track racing 350 with a 396 stroker kit bored .60 over, bowtie heads and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head. there is a high pressure pump installed when the motor was built my concern is if the oil will just blow by everything and not actually lubricate? blow some seals? blow oil filters?

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C ! I suggest you try posting in one of our "Technical" forums. Good luck!