Power cable route

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Kdogg05, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Kdogg05

Kdogg05 Rockstar

I am wiring an amp in my 05 silverado and was wondering where the best place to route my power cable through the fire wall would be?

2. identityPRS

identityPRS Rockstar 100 Posts

there should be a boot or a groumet of some type there (usually on the driver side under dash, where the wires from the fuse box go through). if not, you might have to drill. i dont like drilling unless i absolutly have to. if you do, just make sure to check both sides for obstructions.

heres a couple tricks to get the wire through (might be a little gettoh, but it works):
    if there is a boot, just unscrew your antenna off of the hood, poke it through the boot, tape your wire to it, then, pull out the oil dip stick, rub your finger on it and use it to lube the power wire where you taped it to the antenna, then yank it through. it should go right through!

GOOD LUCK!!

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

when ever i have had to drill i always go right around the brake pedal, usually a very open area on the other side of the firewall and its easy to reach to drill

4. Kdogg05

Kdogg05 Rockstar

Ya I went through a gromet where the accelerator wires go through to the right of the brake cylinder if your looking from the outside.