Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Power door locks, windows, etc on drivers door don't work

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Dale Lake, May 30, 2010.

1. Dale Lake

Dale Lake New Member

Problem on my 2003 Chevrolet Suburban

The power switches on the drivers door don't work. It started a few weeks ago, when the power pedals and door locks would intermittently stop working. Now nothing works. I pulled the door panel off and there is power to one of the wires to the switches. The truck also thinks the door is open when it is closed.

Should I be looking at replacing the switch module or is there something else.

2. ChelleCaz

ChelleCaz New Member

You'll want to check the wiring inside the boot going from the door to the interior for any broken or torn wires. Than has been one of GM's achilies heels as far as wiring in the years past. Are you in hot weather? Hot weather affects many things as well as wiring. The switch is a master switch. It handles all the electronics for the doors. You might want to check with the dealer about a replacement. I'm not sure if the switch would handle the dome and ajar notifications, The usual thing is if the regulator worked when it started acting up, then the switch is the usual culprit. It gets wet all the time and gets used the most.

3. Dale Lake

Dale Lake New Member

Thanks,

It was the wires in the boot.