1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Power estimate

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by BurbanMan, Oct 20, 2013.

1. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Ok. I know the 72 c10 350's were only rated at 170-175hp. What kind of power gain would someone get from putting stock port 2.02 fuely heads on the stock short block using an Eddie performer rpm and an Eddie 600 carb?
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Back in the day mods like that were guestimated at 50hp.
    Matter of fact Edelbrock used to sell a performer package with those items and advertised it as a 50hp power pack, if you added the optional rv cam they claimed a 70hp gain.
    Car Craft magazine had a series every years ago where they made similiar changes to small block engines, every other month was a differnt mfgr, they all gained about the same hp on a dyno, right around 50.
  3. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

That's about what I figured. I know it has a bigger cam, but we have no clue how much lift it has or what the duration is. I'm not gonna get my hopes up though. If ever I need to rebuild it, I'll install flat tops or a 454 lol