1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Power extending to power folding mirror swap...help!

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by estrozyk, May 11, 2011.

1. estrozyk

estrozyk New Member

I just traded my dad my 2008 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 for his 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0L 4x4.

My questions is...

I have the power/heated/turn signal/power extending trailer mirrors and I have ordered the power/heated/turn signal/ power folding mirrors to replace them. I do tow a trailer but I have add on mirrors that I like more then the extending ones currently on the pickup and i need the mirrors to fold in order to get into the garage . I've seen tons of info on adding the power folding mirrors to the Silverado but not swapping the power extending for the power folding. I'm wondering if this is a simple swap because they have all the same features and the switch has the extending/folding diagram on it.

I'm a newbie here and this is my first post so please don’t flog me if this has already been answered.

Thanks in advance for the help!
  2. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I would recommend contacting your local dealership. They should be able to assist you in letting you know if this is possible and how to go about doing it. I hope that you enjoy the vehicle!

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  3. estrozyk

estrozyk New Member

Incase anyone was wondering, the swap went perfectly. No messing with the harnesses, switches, nothing...just removed the door panels, removed the triangle piece of trim that covers the mirror bolts, and unbolted the mirror. Put it all back together with the new mirrors and viola! Here's a pic with the new mirrors. Any my pickup will once again fit into the garage, yeahhhhh!

[​IMG]
  4. kkdozer

kkdozer New Member

Thanks for the info, they look great. I want the fold in mirrors and found someone that would trade me his for my extending mirrors. I went to the dealership and they said I would have to flash the computer for the folding mirrors to work. Did you have to do anything special for them to work? Does the curb-view work as well?
  5. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I would be happy to double check for you if you will need a reprogram. Please feel free to contact me with the last eight of your VIN for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  6. kkdozer

kkdozer New Member

The last four of the VIN are 4F193167. Thanks for the help!