1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Power inverter install

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by tylerjrob, Mar 21, 2011.

1. tylerjrob

tylerjrob New Member

I'm new to making mods on my truck so bear with me. I am wanting to make permanent 120 power source on my 2011 Silverado LT. I have seen the adapters that you can plug to your 12V source, but I would rather it be somewhere on my dash. Does anyone have any suggestions on which one I should buy, and where/how to install it?
  2. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

how much power are you looking at needing? For or more permenent install look at RV Inverters...
  3. kburb

kburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I am in construction and use my truck as an office, which requires me to have a way to power my laptop, printer/scanner and a place to charge batteries and i have use TrippLite converters for several years with great luck and believe it or not but i was able to get the best price on Amazon. Installation is pretty easy, a positive and a negative to the battery is pretty much all you need. I even put a power strip under my passenger seat for things i use all the time as outlets on converters are limited.
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

So you are looking at a 1200 watt inverter? Where do you want to mount it?