1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

power issue on 01 silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by billz414, Sep 13, 2008.

1. billz414

billz414 New Member

I have a 4wd 01 silverado ext cab. The fuel pump went out a few weeks ago so I dropped the tank and replaced it. Also replaced the fuel filter. Now before doing all of this there was no problem, it just failed. Now after replacing it it drives "granny style" fine (low throttle, no acceleration etc). But when I floor it to pass a car or enter a tollway or something it falls FLAT on its face like its starving for fuel. When it starts doing this if I put the truck in neutral it also wont rev past 4-5k rpm. Any suggestions? I really dont want to drop the tank again :p
  2. collinsperformance

collinsperformance New Member

check to see if it has any codes? check the fuel pressuree? replace the regulator? these are all possible issues...new does not mean good parts............mike
  3. billz414

billz414 New Member

4. retard

retard New Member

Your cats might be clogged.