1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Power lock issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 78jeepstang, Apr 23, 2007.

1. 78jeepstang

78jeepstang New Member

I have an '87 GMC R2500 Suburban with some fun power lock issues. The front two doors are fine, they lock and unlock normally. The rear-seat doors don't do either, and the barn doors lock but don't unlock. I'm hoping to get this fixed before too much longer since its getting annoying! I haven't ripped things too far apart to check yet since it looks like it may be quite 'fun' to do, so I wanted to ask opinions first on possible causes. Thanks in advance!
  2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Could be a short or just a loose wire.

Check fuses but I don’t think that’s it.

To check the wires you need to take the door pads off, I wrote a thread on how to do that a while ago.

Then just use a test light to check the wires for power, if I remember right they just change polarity. Positive on one side to lock and then + on the other side to unlock.