1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Power mirrors

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ptdavisjr, Jun 25, 2009.

1. ptdavisjr

ptdavisjr Rockstar

I have a 2002 silverado 2500HD and I am trying to fix a couple of small things on it. when I try to adjust the power mirrors on either side, they only seem to adjust left/right but not up/down. this seems really odd to me. Again neither side mirror will adjust up/down only left/right. Hopefully this is a simple fix!!!

2. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I had this same problem, I started by goiing to the junk yard and finding a mirrior swicth just to see if thats what it was,turned out my switch was bad cost five bucks. Some here will tell u to go get this from the dealership not the junk yard which is fine, but i would suggest the five dollar diagnosis verses the 60+ dollar diagnosis. then you can decide if you want the dealer one if it is the problem I think it is because the mirrors draw power from the same point so its not a fuse or ground.

3. ptdavisjr

ptdavisjr Rockstar

yeah I think I am going to go to some junk yards, and check in out. there are a couple other things they might have that I need!!

4. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

yea junk yards are a great place to look.i gotta find a new hitch for mine

5. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

check if theres anything under the mirror that might have something to do with it.

or pay 200+ at junk yard

6. ptdavisjr

ptdavisjr Rockstar

do you mean something foreign holding it up? would the up/down directions have a different fuse possibly?

7. zubbiez

I cant speak for 2tone on his reply but the mirrors only have one power source if they are going from side to side you have power to the up/down thats why I think its a switch.

8. ptdavisjr

ptdavisjr Rockstar

I will pull the switch off and check it out. there should be a voltage present when trying to move the mirror side to side right?

9. zubbiez

there should power if the swicth is working. here is a link that shows the mirror wiring diagrams that way you will know which wires to check for power for different directions http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums...-03-signal-mirror-retrofit-information-2.html

10. ptdavisjr

ptdavisjr Rockstar