Power mirrors

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ptdavisjr, Jun 25, 2009.

1. ptdavisjr

ptdavisjr Rockstar

I have a 2002 silverado 2500HD and I am trying to fix a couple of small things on it. when I try to adjust the power mirrors on either side, they only seem to adjust left/right but not up/down. this seems really odd to me. Again neither side mirror will adjust up/down only left/right. Hopefully this is a simple fix!!!

2. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I had this same problem, I started by goiing to the junk yard and finding a mirrior swicth just to see if thats what it was,turned out my switch was bad cost five bucks. Some here will tell u to go get this from the dealership not the junk yard which is fine, but i would suggest the five dollar diagnosis verses the 60+ dollar diagnosis. then you can decide if you want the dealer one if it is the problem I think it is because the mirrors draw power from the same point so its not a fuse or ground.

3. ptdavisjr

ptdavisjr Rockstar

yeah I think I am going to go to some junk yards, and check in out. there are a couple other things they might have that I need!!

4. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

yea junk yards are a great place to look.i gotta find a new hitch for mine

5. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

check if theres anything under the mirror that might have something to do with it.

or pay 200+ at junk yard

6. ptdavisjr

ptdavisjr Rockstar

do you mean something foreign holding it up? would the up/down directions have a different fuse possibly?

7. zubbiez

I cant speak for 2tone on his reply but the mirrors only have one power source if they are going from side to side you have power to the up/down thats why I think its a switch.

8. ptdavisjr

ptdavisjr Rockstar

I will pull the switch off and check it out. there should be a voltage present when trying to move the mirror side to side right?

9. zubbiez

there should power if the swicth is working. here is a link that shows the mirror wiring diagrams that way you will know which wires to check for power for different directions http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums...-03-signal-mirror-retrofit-information-2.html

10. ptdavisjr

ptdavisjr Rockstar