1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Power Mirrors

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by WinRawr, Aug 9, 2009.

1. WinRawr

WinRawr New Member

i have an 2000 Silverado and for some reason my power mirrors do not work
    i already checked my fuse. it seems to be fully connected. and im pretty sure
    there is not a relay for it. if anyone has any ideas spit them at me. i wanna try
    to get it fixed.
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Start with cleaning out the control unit for it, the one you use to control the direction, then start following your wires from that through the door and so on, insulation could be exposed
  3. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have a 2000 Sierra. My power mirrors don't work either. The left one would work intermittently. I'm bidding on one on ebay as we speak. I'll let u know the results.
  4. EvilNetwork

EvilNetwork Rockstar

The master switch is the one on drivers side. If somethign si wrong there, the passenger wont work either Every once in awhile, both my Yukon and Suburban will work loose., Unplug, replug brings them both back into operation. However, if you are certain you are getting good power, you should replace the switch at the drivers door.
  5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

You have a power mirror switch on the passenger side? Sounds like you're talking about power windows which is not what the original poster was asking about.

To the OP: If the fuse is good, I would start tracking the power along the circuit. Starting at the mirror switch would be a good start. Let us know what you find.
  6. Mean_Green_95

Ok, heres an update. I bought a mirror switch out of a S-10 off of ebay. I paid $24.95 AFTER shipping, so I got that part for a steal. When it got here last night, I realized as I took it out of the package that I didn't bother to look for the right color... :sign0173: The new one was gray while my old one was black, but never the less I went and tried it out and it worked perfectly. So today after work I took it back out and then switched it's internals with my old stock switch's internals. Put it back in the truck and it works perfect again.

So I suggest you pa-ruse around ebay and find one for cheap, hopefully you get get the right color, lol, and just replace you old switch.
  7. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I had the same problem I hit a local salvage yard and paid five bucks (right color even) dont write it off as a source for parts alot of these guys on ebay are getting them form there and them just charging you more for em!
  8. Mean_Green_95

I went to two local salvage yards. The trucks were either picked clean or had the older style switch. So I had no choice but to ebay it, since that was the next cheapest route.