1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Power Programmers

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Mizzike, May 31, 2008.

1. Mizzike

Mizzike New Member

Which one is better hypertech or superchips for a power programmer and will either of them make my governor go away?
  2. no0b123

no0b123 New Member

I would choose Hypertech but if given the option, a fully custom tune is even better than that. Custom or not, all after market programmers can remove the governor.
  3. omegafiler

omegafiler New Member

I've had both - the Superchips Flashpaq gave me noticably more power than the Hypertech, but the features and options are similar, such as the ability to increase the speed limiter. They both have general Dyno charts or at least HP/TQ figures listed for most vehicles if you want to see the difference. Just check out their websites.

But if you want the most performance and increase in overall driveability, check out the custom tune route. Otherwise, do a search, you'll find tons of info for both topics on this forum.
  4. Crunch

Crunch New Member

A couple weeks ago I got the HyperTech Max Energy one for my 4.3 Silverado. I lost a lot of power when I put the big wheels on and wanted to get something back especially since I like to run the A/C.

I set it up for the 87 octane tune and since it's a 5spd, I couldn't mess with the transmission options, but I did notice a power increase. I'm sure if I went with the 93 octane tune it would be more noticeable, but with gas at $4/gallon, the 87 is fine for now. I know the gains are bigger for the V8's, and I knew it wasn't going to be a race truck, but I still thought I would have gotten more.

I've had a few tanks threw it already and really didn't notice much of a gain in MPG.

It's totally up to you, but keep in mind how much gas $400 will buy.

Crunch

P.S. I already had the CAI and exhaust if that helps.
  5. Slow1500

Slow1500 New Member

I'm having problems with my hypertech. I already have everything tuned the way I want it but it will not go back into it to change anything. It pops up an 'error 68' and says to call hypertech. I emailed them and they finally responded after nearly a week and said it's normally caused by electrical noise like from a radio, phone, radar detector, lights, etc..... all were shut off just like when I originally programmed it and the two other times I changed some parameters.. I'm kinda pissed.
  6. jumpalot

jumpalot New Member

I'm running the Superchips and it's great!! I put on some 285's and lost some power and gas mileage. I used the 87 octane program and recalibrated the spedometer. I'm getting right at 15 mpg now and a noticeable increase in power. I'm happy in the change in shift points now too. There is a hill on the interstate I drive on everyday and it use to kick down to 2nd all the time and be revving around 5000 rpm's. Now it just kicks out of overdrive and pulls great. I couldn't be happier.