1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Power Seat Motor

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by V8_Musclehead, Apr 24, 2009.

1. V8_Musclehead

V8_Musclehead New Member

My '94 K1500 has a powered driver seat and the motor seems to be going out. I'm not very good when it comes to electrical. Is it possible to rebuild the motor? If so, what would I need to do it?
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had the same problem on my 93 burb. If you search the posts, you can probably find my write up. I opted for the easy way out. I bought a seat from a guy parting out his wrecked burb. I got the seat and some trim for a few bucks. I swapped my cushions onto the seat frame and I was back in business.
  3. V8_Musclehead

V8_Musclehead New Member

Sweet. So you had to use the Suburban's seat frame? I'm thinkin' I might have to hit up some yards. I can't seem to find anything on Google, eBay, or any other sites.
  4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

No, I have a burb. Look for a truck that matches yours. I found mine on craigslist. With a little patient, looking, I saved myself a few $$ and a trip to the boneyards. The pic-a-parts around here, won't check their inventory....you have to "come take a look for yourself."