Power Sliding rear window

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by aloxdaddy99, Jun 1, 2011.

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Who has one? Do you like it? I want to get one installed but have heard some negative things about them. Where is the factory button location?

2. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have it, but rarely use it. I've had it open a few times like to carry long items like 12' j channel siding. The switch is up next to the sunroof controls.

3. Fenian

Fenian New Member

I have it on my 2011 Extended Cab. I like it - it really gets the air moving in the truck at highway speeds.

No issues whatsoever in the 6 months I've had the truck.

4. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I have it too, and like it a lot, like the previous comments, helps to put long boards and what not through it, and gets the air moving, also makes a good beer window...j/k. no issues, have actually had it in the last two trucks i've had, the '07 ext cab silvy, and the '09 crew cab silvy I have now.

5. mkballance

mkballance New Member

My 2010 has one. I use it when I ride with my windows open. It stops the "boom boom" noise when the air pressure with the windows open. I wanted the rear window defroster, but my back window hasn't had any frost (Md). So, I glad I have the rear window, when I want to drive around with the windows down.

Kent

6. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You should install one like the toyotas have where the whole rear window slides down!

7. ernie pezz

ernie pezz New Member

ntbush, did you just say the "T" word???

8. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ik Ik! Thats the one car company I will never buy from but that window thing is cool!

9. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

ntbush if I could find one that would work on my Sierra I would. That is a great idea I am surprised more manufacturers haven't used them.