Power steering hose o-rings

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Pikey, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am changing my power steering pump and want to change the o rings on the hoses. Any Idea where I might find these? I would figure that I could find a kit, but I can not.

2. Chris Miller

Chris Miller Rockstar 100 Posts

There's no kit, per se, but you can take the old o-rings to an O'Reilly, and they should have a box full of them in back.

3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Or Grainger. They have a crap load of o rings

4. Pikey

I found them. The dealer wants $9 a piece for them. :lol:I will be calling my old boss, we dealt with o-rings daily and I found the size of them. I will probably get them for .02 a piece. Thanks guys

5. Pikey

So, after going to o'reillys, advance, and autozone, no one has them. GM sells them in packs of 10. They say since it is a high pressure line that a regular oring will blow out if used. I can get a new line with orings for around $19. I may have to go that route if my boss can't help.

6. Pikey

I called my boss. I can get them for $.23 a piece. Minimum 25. So for the shipping and the orings it cost me $9.00. Not Bad. Maybe I will sell the rest on Ebay for $1 each and make my money back (considering GM wants $9 each). For future reference when people search for Power steering pump o-rings: the size is a -903 (7.65mm ID x 1.63mm C/S or .301 ID x .064 C/S) and they need to be made of Viton or the PS fluid will eat them. The Gm part number is 26001594.