1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Power Steering pump question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by ARMYtango, Nov 23, 2013.

1. ARMYtango

ARMYtango Rockstar

Gotcha!

Thanks for the help!

As soon as the pump arrives (which should be tomorrow), I will do just that.
    Like you said....it only takes 5 minutes...lol
  2. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Just a heads up. I bought my pump from amazon also. I installed it, followed all the directions. Started the truck, the pump ran nice and quite for about 30-40 seconds and then a loud "pop" and it started whining like crazy. I shut the truc off and look at the new fluid that was now full of gold colored metal shavings. No need to say it, but I was pretty upset. I had a new hydrobooster and new gear box filled with metal shavings. I called amazon and they overnight shipped me a replacement. I had to take the truck to my nephew who runs a quick oil change place, he flushed out the system with 2 or 3 gallons of new ps fluid to get the metal out. Then I went home and installed the new pump. I know that it could have been some fluke manufacturing defect and that it happens to the best of companies. But, I wanted to let you know what happened to me. The pump was a new AC delco pump.
  3. ARMYtango

ARMYtango Rockstar

Oh wow....I will pay close attention to this.

If that was AC Delco, then I wonder how the Cardone one I purchased will do.

I am sorry that happened to you, but like you said, I hope it was just a fluke one...and I am assuming that the replacement worked just fine?
  4. Pikey

Yea, the replacement was fine, for about 10 months. Amazon warrantied that one also and shipped a new one. I am sure that it was because I did not get all the shavings out.
  5. ARMYtango

ARMYtango Rockstar

WOW....well thanks again....

I am glad that I at least have the Amazon warranty just in case.

I appreciate all the info, and the heads up...

I'm just now looking forward to getting my wife back into her TB so I can get the other vehicle she is currently driving....sold. Thankfully it hadn't sold, or she would be driving my Avalanche! :gasp: lol
  6. Pikey

If you have a warranty issue with amazon. be sure to point out to the rep that you are speaking with that their fine print says that they will honor all manufacturer warranties for items sold in the automotive section. They tried to tell me that I was out of the 30 day exchange window and there was nothing they could do. Then I pointed out the fine print and they took care of it.
  7. ARMYtango

ARMYtango Rockstar

You are full of great info! lol

I will do that....hopefully I won't need to, though. lol