1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

power steering pump rebuild kit

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Pikey, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

After my hydro booster was replaced (twice) my power steering pump is noisy. It drives me nuts. I am looking at buying a new one. But I have come across some rebuild kits at a quarter of the cost. Has anyone used these? They do not include any bearings in the kit. Just a shaft bushing, orings, and a seal. I am concerned that if I use a kit the noise will still be there. Are these kits primarily for leaking pumps? Thanks for the advice in advance. Added: I will not buy an aftermarket rebuild pump as I just went through six reman alternators in one month. (bearings bad in all of them but one, that one did not put out any voltage). I can get a new pump from GM for $93 with the core charge using an employee parts program. OR I can get a new one, same part number on amazon for $73. It concerns me that the seller on amazon is selling it for less than what I can get it for through SPO. (Fake??)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012