Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Power to only one tbi injector

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by kcfocus1, Aug 13, 2011.

1. kcfocus1

kcfocus1 New Member

I have a 1990 305 Silverado with tbi. Only the green and white wires will power either injector. The truck will
    barely run on either injector. I have checked the red and blue wires plug, contacts and inspected them for insulation issues all the way to the
    firewall where it goes through to the ecm. Is there anything that would kill just the red and blue wires? My distributor was replaced two months ago
    complete with module and p/u coil. Could either one of those parts take out just one injector feed?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  2. Revredneck

Revredneck Rockstar 100 Posts

IF it's only firing one injector, then you should check for battery voltage on one side of the dead harness (not sure which color should be hot) with the key on. If there's voltage, then it's almost certainly your ECM. If it doesn't have voltage, then very carefully check your fuses and make sure there isn't an open circuit somewhere between the TBI and fuse panel.
    Good Luck and God Bless