1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Power Window auto up?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by rwmoorh, Mar 27, 2009.

1. rwmoorh

rwmoorh New Member

Has anyone converted their power windows with the auto down feature to also go auto up. I have a 2008 LTZ, whose interior closely looks the same as the Suburbans and Caddies Escalade and Avalanch like model. The Caddie has an auto up function, which leads me to think it may just be a switch and possibly a wire or two.

I go through a tollbooth regularly that sometimes has up to 7 lanes quickly going down to 2 lanes. The last thing I like doing is holding the stincking up button and dodgeing cars with one hand. If they can make it go down with one touch, then they should do the same going up. Crap, little VW Bugs have that feature and my $37K truck doesn't.

2. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yeah it's probably a fifty cent part. I want them on all of my doors!

3. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would like this option too.

4. jim1958

jim1958 Member

probably not a good idea in case your kids head is in there when you push the button