1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Power Window Help

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by lumpy66, Jan 31, 2012.

1. lumpy66

lumpy66 New Member

All of a sudden neither of my passenger windows work - I replaced the regulator and motor in both front doors within the last year. The front makes no noise and doesnt dim the lights when the switch is pushed but the rear dims the lights slightly and makes that slight clicking sound. Neither will operate from the main switch or the individual door switches.

Please help with a diagnostic procedure I should follow - to check electrical with a multimeter, etc.

I don't want to spend the money on the main driver's door switch assembly unless I'm sure that's the problem.

Thanks

Lumpy - 2003 Suburban
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sadly this sounds like a BCM (body control module) which is very common on the GM trucks, and can really only be diagnosed by a dealer with the right software to troubleshoot it (some shops have the ability too)