1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Power window issue

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by sstoner911, Jul 1, 2011.

1. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Power door lock issue

I had both rear power door lock acuators replaced when the truck was under warranty. Now the passenger power door lock does not always fully unlock....its like it isn't getting full extension. Seems to lock all the time tho.

Iam going to take the door panel off this weekend to see if something its loose....iam hoping that something has rattled loose from the subs and sub box. This door had also developed a good mirror shake and rattle I needed to address!

Or if you guys think I have an accuator on its way out.
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  2. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

I thought this thread was about power windows? Anyway, I haven't had any trouble with power locks but I have had power window switches replaced under warranty. Now that my truck is out of warranty, of course I am starting to have issues with some of the other window switches.
  3. sstoner911

YA I screwed up the title!
  4. Bigg Ron

Bigg Ron Rockstar 100 Posts

Check the linkage for binding, disconnect the actuator and try to work it by hand to see if it moves free, next I would check the wiring, and the switch, make sure you have good voltage at the acuator when its activated, if that all proves ok you can try switching it with another door. Good Luck
  5. sstoner911

Ok, I check those things.....now to get motivated to get out in the heat this week!