Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Power Window Issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by BigFalcone, Oct 9, 2009.

1. BigFalcone

BigFalcone New Member

Ok i have a 01 z71 extended cab and my passanger window has gone weak. it won't roll up all at once you have to go about half way then wait a little while then roll it the rest of the way. I've replaced the motor already. Kinda need some ideas i don't wanna take it to a shop i always work on it myself.

PLEASE HELP.

2. Dukeschevy

Dukeschevy Rockstar 100 Posts

I recommend old fashon crank down windows haha jk, I don't know much about them but I think the motor is controlled by something that controls the power. If it has issues it may not give the moter enough juice? or if it is not on track it might not roll up right, maybe someone else knows i'm just trying to help, good luck!
    -dave

3. Peckens

Peckens Member

power windows tend to do this alot, motor is probably goin

4. BigFalcone

BigFalcone New Member

i mean i replaced the motor and it didn't help at all i was thinking about the regulator and changing out the electrical relay. But was wondering if anyone else has had the problem maybe point me in the right direction.

5. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! I had a 1999 Chevy K1500 Z71, and the window did the same thing. I took the door panel off and sprayed silicone on the track. It look like the previous owner had taken it off to replace a speaker. I don't know if that was it , or I released a bind it was in when I took off the door panel , but it worked after that. Good Luck.