1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Power Window master switch lighting

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Brad Wissinger, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Is there any way to fix the lights in the power window master switch on the door? The passenger side lights up and works just fine. The drivers side though...not so much. The windows and door lock functions work fine just doesn't light up. Is there a way to fix whatever lights up the buttons or is the switch replacement required?

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

you could try to take it apart de-solder the bulb, get a replacement and solder it back it. I think that most people deal with it being out or replace the switch

3. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

You mean they're lighted!!??

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

:lol:They were at one time

5. thanks for the help guys. My passenger side just suddely lit up and thats why I noticed the driver's side wasn't lighting up. I think for now I'll just live with it. If I suddenly forget that the left switch actuates the window on the left of the vehicle I'll just turn on one of the map lights. haha