1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Power Window Motor Problem

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by silvercat19, Dec 29, 2010.

1. silvercat19

silvercat19 New Member

I have a 2000 Suburban 2500. My driver window stopped working and is stuck in the open position. The other 3 windows work fine. I assume I need the motor. I did not see any individual fuses so I am thinking that since 3 work it is likely not the relay. Before I get started, what do you all think?

How much should a motor cost new. I saw them on O'Reilly website for $50-$55. Is this the way to go?

Also I am concerned about not messing up the door panel and the clips. Can anyone give me a sequence for removing the panel?

Thanks for any help.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Double Check the Power Window Switch Connection at the Driver side Door just to be Sure you don't have a loose Connection......Below is a link with Step by Step with pictures on removing the interior Door Panel's,

Link,
    http://www.bodyshopzone.com/archives/trim/door_panels/Chevy/Suburban_2002/dp_remove_brbn.html
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  3. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

X2 on what Mike says. You don't want to spend money on a motor if it's only a loose connection or just the switch. Post back & tell us what you find. Also smth you might try is slapping the door panel while you hold the power window switch. This might tell you if there is a loose connection at the switch, & then slap it down low where the motor is, & if it stats working them it is either carbon build up on the motor brushes or loose connection
  4. osduck5

osduck5 New Member

I have the same problem with the passenger side on a 2000 model but I can hear the relay click when I push the switch. Luckily, mine stopped working with the window all the way up.
  5. silvercat19

silvercat19 New Member

Actually my driverside also clicks while I hold down the window button. I heard it the other day after I posted. So I am assuming that this means a motor issue.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Thanks, I will try and see what happens.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

99'Heartbeat, thanks for this link. That is just what I needed.

6. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

The switch clicking, does not mean it's good. The click is the detent & the spring in the switch. If the click you are hearing is in the motor, then that's a different story & verifys the switch is good & the wire plug is still connected to the window motor, however the motor brushes could still just have a little excess carbon on them.