Power Window Troubleshooting on 2004 Colorado

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by joe454, Sep 17, 2013.

1. joe454

joe454 New Member

My 2004 Colorado passenger side window is partially down and neither switch will bring it up or down. Both windows worked this morning. Both locks work fine and the drivers side window also works fine. I hear a slight "click" from inside the pass. side door when activating either window switch. I did not disassemble or try to test anything as yet until I get some advice. (fuse? motor? other?) Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If the other window works, and your hearing a "click" when operating the window switch the odds are either the window is jammed in the track or the motor is bad.
    Have you tried pulling up on the window while operating the switch? If its jammed this msy help unjam it. If the motors bad the window probably wont move.
    The other solution would be to remove the door panel, disconnect the motor from the window mechanism, slide the window up and figure a way to lock the mechanism untill you can get a new motor.

3. joe454

joe454 New Member

I struck the door panel (in the area of the motor) while activating the switch, and the motor began working so I managed to close the window for the time being. I guess the motor is bad but I will probably try cleaning contacts first (if I can get to them after removing the panel). I'm not in a rush as I had recent surgery and I am just delighted that the window is now closed. Thanks for the reply.

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Glad you got lucky with jolting things back to working.

5. Straightshooter

Straightshooter New Member

I had the same problem with my '04 (replaced with a '12). The problem is in the track/roller system and not the motor.