Power Windows

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by SouthernThunder, Oct 12, 2008.

1. SouthernThunder

SouthernThunder New Member

I just installed a set of new doors on my 79 C10 which have power windows and door locks. Can any one help me with how to wirie them into my factory wiring harness or know where i can buy the rest of the wiring harness to connect the two doors to my harness?

Thanks

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Follow the instructions in THIS POST as it is working fine today and I was looking up chassis and body wiring digrams for your truck.

3. dwill3015

You ,ay or may not know of this site called LMC TRUCK Parts but they have everything you need to restore your 79.

4. SouthernThunder

I have all ready made purchases from them but I can find a place anywhere to buy a wiring harness for the power windows and or door locks. I will check out the link thanks.

5. dwill3015

I did not see the harness either when i looked at the site, only a power window kit of some sort. The other site has the wiring diagram so that you can wire it yourself if you are comfortable in doing so.

6. SouthernThunder

I think I can doing the wiring I jumped the switches to make sure that the window in the drivers door worked so I think I can tie the two doors to each other than to the fuse box.

7. SouthernThunder

I am also looking for any junk yards in all areas to see if anyone can find one that I can get sent to me

8. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

ill keep an eye out

when and where is your next show??

9. SouthernThunder

I will be holding my last Huntsville show for this season. I may have other shows later in the year at other locations. the show in Huntsville will be on Saturday November 1st Registration starts at 8 AM with Judging around Noon and awards around 2 Pm. Registration is just $20 and trophys will be awarded in 22 classes