powered sub

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by etpn13, Mar 3, 2009.

1. etpn13

etpn13 Member

has anyone thought about installing a powered sub in the space in the floorboard in the front between the dash and the cupholders and the middle seat. i have an 01 silverado ext. cab. or maybe under the front seat or something. i dont wanna lose any cargo space or not much. i keep 2 tool boxes under the back seats. also maybe put an amp under the driver or passenger seat for the front and back speakers. does anybody have any suggestions? thanks

2. dutzowmo

dutzowmo Rockstar 100 Posts

buy a thin mount sub with 3 in of backspace and put behind the back seat

3. TMRuiz

TMRuiz Rockstar 100 Posts

Is that extended cab a four door or is it a solid body ex-cab? If it's a solid body you can get creative and cut out the interior walls and build boxes into the side of the truck just make sure to use some kind of sound deadner on the outside panel like dyno-mat or undercoating to keep the panel from vibrating. Good luck and welcome to the site.

4. etpn13

etpn13 Member

its a four door

5. etpn13

etpn13 Member

kids ride in the backseats and they like to swing their feet lol

6. ridnrimz

ridnrimz Rockstar 100 Posts

Well I know your kids like to swing their feet... but... I just installed 2 10" subs last week and they sound great. I bought the Subthump box that comes with the amp shelf and the box really tucks in well. I highly recommend it before cutting up under the area youre talking about.

7. etpn13

etpn13 Member

dont want to loss space under rear bench seat b/c of tool boxes underneath it

8. Hard_Nox

Hard_Nox New Member

Cut a hole from the bed to the cab (blow through) and put 4 15" Atomic subs!!!

9. ridnrimz

ridnrimz Rockstar 100 Posts

doh! that's right, I forgot you mentioned that.

well, I think you have a great idea goin then now that I re-thought out your post. are you talking about removing the cupholders and building a custom box that replaces your center console? like under the cigarette tray all the way up and then you could put your amp underneath the middle seat? then if you are running high wattage speakers in front and rear I suppose you could put your amp under your passenger or driver seat, but what about in the middle of your rear bench seat? do your tool boxes actually go allt he way across or could you place a small sized amp in the center where it humps up (it does on mine atleast)?

10. etpn13

etpn13 Member