1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Powerstop brake kit and braided lines

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by KyleZ71, Jan 9, 2014.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Hey everyone,

Sorry for not being on here recently, senior year of college and Air Force ROTC has been keeping me plenty busy. This semester I will have a little extra coming back from my financial aid and wanted to put it into my truck. I have decided to take my frustrations out on the rust again and once the temperature rises, the any frame rust will be sanded, hit with permatex rust treatment, and then seal it with permatex undercoating.

Besides that I wanted to upgrade the brakes front and back with Power Stop K2010 Front/Rear Ceramic Brake Pad and Cross Drilled/Slotted Combo Rotors
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005FKXTEY...UTF8&colid=3833JQQQLH5D&coliid=I1WBIFIZ4OUUTS
    and while I'm doing that I wanted to replace the brake lines with Edelbrock / Russell 672430 Direct Bolt-On Street Legal Brake Line Kit.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CPATOA...UTF8&colid=3833JQQQLH5D&coliid=I1RFVOEIRDII4O

Just wanted to know what everyone thought or if anyone had any experience with these products.
    Thanks!
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Kyle.....After I installed the Braided SS Lines, I Noticed that the Soft Mushy Feel when braking was Gone and Less Pedal Travel When Braking......IMO, this would be a Excellent Time to Flush the Entire/Whole Brake System.
  3. KyleZ71

I have the Motive bleeder with gm adapter and was gonna flush system with good quality synthetic brake fluid. Glad to know yours worked for you!
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Kyle, I also when with Aftermarket SSBC's Slotted Rotors-n-Pads, and along with Installing the SS Lines, this Brake Setup Now, has been a Solid Improvement over the Factory Brake Setup.

5. KyleZ71

I was looking at both companies. How long have you had the SSBC's s far?
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

I've had SSBC's Rotors/Pads, going on 8/9 yrs now and they have around 76K miles on them, and no problems/issues with them.

7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I replaced all my brake lines with the braided stainless, and it made a huge difference and I still have the oem rotors and pads. Well worth the investment.
  8. KyleZ71

Thanks for the reply. Now to only the warmer weather to come.