1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Powertrain Warranty expired too soon

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by BadAss, Oct 16, 2011.

1. BadAss

BadAss New Member

My transmission just went out. Took it to the dealer to have repaired under 5 year, 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, and they told me the 5 years expired two weeks ago. I am now working with Chevy to see if they will help me out at all. I am just wondering if anyone else had any luck with warranty assistance from Chevy right after warranty expired.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

On the Transmission that went out......is it your 2007" Suburban(the one in your Sig)??.............2007" plus + 5 years......comes out to 2012"......also what is the Mileage on your 2007"......:neutral:
  3. TMair

TMair Member

I wonder though if they go off of manufacture date rather then model year, the 07s would have come out mid year 06, as stupid as that is...IMO
    Terry
  4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

he probably bought it when it first came out so about this time in 06 is when they would have put out the 07's, but either way that is some bad luck. sorry to hear about it.
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

x2.....on what dsfloyd has mentioned.....regarding when the Vehicle was Bought.

The Below Information is From Chevrolet's......Web Site.....its goes into detail on When the 100K/5yr Warranty Starts,

Covered for 100,000 Miles/5 years*
    Chevrolet will warrant each 2007 through 2011 model year Chevrolet passenger car, light-duty truck, crossover or van for (100,000 Miles/160,000 Kilometers Or 5 Years) Whichever Comes First see dealer for details with no deductible, From The Original In-Service Date of the Vehicle, for warrant-able repairs that are required as a result of defects due to material and/or workmanship to the power-train components as listed below:
  6. LURCH

LURCH Rockstar

All warranty's should start on the in-service date, or better stated the day the paper's were signed.
  7. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Have you contacted customer assistance regarding your concern? Do you have a case number? I would be happy to look into this for you with more information. Please feel free to contact me privately. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

If its the 'Burb in the picture I'm surprised they didn't say the lift and tires voided the warranty.
  9. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

It's nice to read that GM Customer Service reps care enough to follow up on issues. Thank you!