Prallel Battery

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by tryst7308, Feb 28, 2014.

1. tryst7308

tryst7308 New Member

I want to add a parallel battery to be able to run more electrical accessories i may also upgrade my alternator any suggestions on where to start?

2. Jamm3r

Jamm3r Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I believe you can still get a 2nd battery tray and tiedowns from teh dealership for a 94

Cheapest but not necessarily best way to do it is to get a pair of group 78x (aka 34/78) batteries that have top posts in addition to side posts.

Make one cable to connect the two + top posts and another cable to connect the two - top posts and then use the side posts to hook up the factory cables.

I have a group 24 deep cycle battery in the original spot and a group 34 battery in the extra tray, and have everything rewired with a battery isolator. Spent $100 on copper. Works great though

Alternator you want an ad-244 which was an option in the early 2000s trucks. Be sure to get one with the right connector. It will bolt in but you need a longer belt.

http://www.nationsautoelectric.com/ad244.html

3. tryst7308

tryst7308 New Member

Thanks for the info