1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Prallel Battery

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by tryst7308, Feb 28, 2014.

1. tryst7308

tryst7308 New Member

I want to add a parallel battery to be able to run more electrical accessories i may also upgrade my alternator any suggestions on where to start?
  2. Jamm3r

Jamm3r New Member

I believe you can still get a 2nd battery tray and tiedowns from teh dealership for a 94

Cheapest but not necessarily best way to do it is to get a pair of group 78x (aka 34/78) batteries that have top posts in addition to side posts.

Make one cable to connect the two + top posts and another cable to connect the two - top posts and then use the side posts to hook up the factory cables.

I have a group 24 deep cycle battery in the original spot and a group 34 battery in the extra tray, and have everything rewired with a battery isolator. Spent $100 on copper. Works great though

Alternator you want an ad-244 which was an option in the early 2000s trucks. Be sure to get one with the right connector. It will bolt in but you need a longer belt.

http://www.nationsautoelectric.com/ad244.html
  3. tryst7308

tryst7308 New Member

Thanks for the info