Prayer Request (for RedneckGirl's mom)

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by RedneckGirl, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Wow Amber, I can't imagine how tough this is for you. Take comfort in knowing that are a bunch of people praying for your Mother, Grandmother and the rest of your family at this difficult time.

2. RedneckGirl

RedneckGirl Rockstar

found out this morning mom had a heart attack last night, she says shes fine.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sounds like she's getting good medical care whereever she is at. I've known people that had heart attacks that go on to live 30 more years.

(edit: I changed the name of this thread to be more descriptive since there are several threads with similar titles)

4. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

That is what Mom's do. Sounds like yours is a strong and special lady. Praying for moms like yours is an honor. Hang in there Amber!

5. Airborne Medic

Airborne Medic Rockstar 100 Posts

My prayers to your mom and your family.

6. RedneckGirl

RedneckGirl Rockstar

for some reasonmy phone has not been letting me post updates on here. i'll post but it doesnt show up, so im trying again. they sent my mom home on wednesday. she seems to be doing alright. the clots have not gone away yet so its just a wait and see game. my grandmother is in rehab and is doing really well.

7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Good to hear.. Hope she pulls through and gets better soon...

8. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

My mom has been having almost the exact same problems. We've been dealing with it for a while. Her intestines exploded and the doctor didn't do surgery quick enough so some of the infection leaked out into her body causing her thyroid to go crazy. That was 2 years ago. She was retaining water real bad and her legs were swelling up. So we took her in about a year ago and found out that her heart had enlarged. Her heart was only pumping 8% of what it should've been. So she found some really cool and smart doctors, they placed her on the heart donor list, but with medicine and resting her heart is getting better. She went to the hospital a few months ago and they kept her for two weeks. Her heart was beating at almost 200 Beats per minute. One of the doctors that she didn't like prescribed her some medicine and it reacted with another medicine. They finally got it taken care. She went back to her favorite doctor last month and her heart is beating at almost 30% now.

So keep praying for her and make sure her doctors are top notch and doing their job.

9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Good to hear your mom and grandma are doing better,hopefully the clots will disappear soon.

10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Old thread, how did it all turn out for you? Sorry for the delay.