Prayers and good thoughts this week if you don't mind!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Apr 2, 2014.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

So we have an appointment with a pediactric Orthopedic Onologist on Friday. That's one person who I hoped that we never would have to go see, but alas we are going for my 9 year old. Turns out they're pretty sure that he doesn't have cancer, but rather a very large cyst/tumor that's growing on his pelvis. Either way, I'm hoping that they don't say major surgery, but from what we've read that's probably the #1 option. Cut it out. Bone grafts. Maybe something to stabilize it. 3 to 6 month recovery.

Anyhow, it's really stressing me out, so I need to chill out for a while and I'll be on and off the site for the next week or two. Maybe I'll be visiting Columbus, Ohio where they have a very good Children's hospital there where they have some newer technology and studies up there that might make this thing not so bad. Anyhow, never would turn down prayers and good warm fuzzy thoughts for something like this.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had a child go through something like this, but I think I might turn to drinking alot again, lol. But that's all I have to say for now, if you need something one of the moderators can help out (they've been doing a great job anyhow).

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You have our thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery, good luck.

3. the phantom

the phantom Well-Known Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Everything will work out [MENTION=1]Steve[/MENTION]. Drinking is not going to solve any problem it will just kick the can down the road and dent it all up so thats not an option.(Im assuming you were joking when you mentioned that so I will laugh)It sounds like you caught it early enough to get the problem resolved so keep us updated on how things go and prayers to your son and family dealing with this.

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Steve.....My Thoughts and Prayers, to you and your Family.

5. ChevyFan

Got some good news. Talked to a Pediatric Orthopedic Oncologist and he says that it's a non-aggressive cyst, might not have even done that much damage to the bone underneath, but we had a CT scan done today (wow, that's expensive for 5 minutes!) and next Friday they going to try a much simpler and non-drastic surgery where they just go in with needles and try to get the bone to heal with some minerals and some other stuff that I'm going to have to look up. :)

6. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

It sounds like the out look is good, that's fantastic, the up side is kids are really tuff little dudes and dudettes, hang in there, be patient, and know we are thinking and praying with you.

7. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Wow! Prayers sent steve

8. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I will definitely keep you in my prayers. It is hard to be on the side lines and watch when you, as a parent, want to take control and fix things. But it really comes down to God and the skilled doctor. The former having all the influence, the latter acting on His behalf.

Keep this thread up to date. I sure everyone is concerned and whats to know how things are going.

9. ChevyFan

Thanks guys. Now all I gotta do is pay for it all. Jee wiz ct scans are about $500 per minute.

10. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. Just remember drinking won't solve the problem. After the hangover is gone, you'll still have to face the problem. If there is anything I can do just pm me.
    Tom