Prayers needed x1,000,000,000

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by rileyjr16, Feb 27, 2012.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

Well my mom just called and said she is on her way home from work and is contemplating flying out with my Aunt to Nashville today. She said the doctors told Brandi that more or less there is really nothing more they can do. So guys and girls, we need all the prayers that you can muster up for the safe flights and drives parts of the family is making up to Nashville and for Brandi and for my whole family. Thanks

A little background info, my 1st cousin Brandi has been fighting Ovarian Cancer for a little over a year and a half. All this time she has had a smile on her face and a joke run out of her mouth and has never let this get her down. She is 30 years old I believe and has 3 sisters and a Godchild on the way. This is my mom's side of our family and there are 10 of us 1st cousins so we are fairly close. I don't care if you're atheist, non denom, jewish, muslim, buddhist, catholic, baptist or anything, please keep us in your prayers.
  2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member

My families prayers go out to you and your family.
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

We'll be praying for your family during these hard times
  4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member

I'm praying for your family, my mother just won her battle with cancer, just don't stop fightin
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

best of luck and prayers for your family.

Alex
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Done and our Hearts go out to you and your family....
  7. donyms

donyms New Member

I'm so sorry about your bad news but just know that God can do anything at any time so don't give up. We will be praying for her and her family here in Mississippi. God bless you all.
  8. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

prayers be with you :)
  9. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member

may everyone's prayers to you and your family be answered !!
  10. Coach24

Coach24 New Member

Done. may god watch over each and everyone of your family.Cancer is not a nice thing and beating it is a tough journey. may the good Lord heal, and if he chooses not to heal.may he be merciful and kind.
  11. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

She has mine as well. My mom won against the same cancer after she turned 40. I know your cousin can as well.
  12. AMac

AMac New Member

Oh Riley, I'm very sorry to hear this and my deepest condolences to you and your family I will surely send prayers your way!!
  13. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member

Our thoughts and prayers go out to your cousin Brandi.
  14. Denise

Denise New Member

Of course she is in my thoughts and prayers. As are the family.

Please keep us updated.
  15. jnbama

jnbama Member

Your family is in my prayers and being together really helps during bad times
  16. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

Thanks guys and girls. Your prayers are greatly appreciated. Only thing we can do now is hope, pray and trust in God to take over. She has been on my mind all day...even when I was at Hooters eating lunch yesterday. With this being my mom's side, we lost my parran (French for Godfather) when I was 13, the day after Christmas in 2005, my Paw Paw (Grandfather) a week before Thanksgiving in 2008 and now this is hitting us like a ton of bricks. There are 10 of us first cousins and we were all brought up fairly close to each other with me being the youngest.

We've held 4 benefits so far. 2 in Nashville in 2010 and just 2 weeks ago which brought in around $30,000 combined and then 2 here in Louisiana where the whole parish pulled together for an astounding $50,000 combined in 2011 which all went to medical bills. I'll keep you guys updated when I can. Keep those prayers coming.
  17. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member

Brandi is on top of my prayer list. I will pass her name along to some folks at my Church as well.
  18. Coach24

Coach24 New Member

Many in a group I belong to are praying for Brandi. So far these folks have beaten it back. But one never knows about remissions permanency. This group and their families have added Brandi to the list of those we pray for daily.
    Tell Brandi to keep here spirits up and be strong and Keep Battling. Do not let her give up.
  19. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

Thanks everyone I haven't heard anything today yet so lets hope no news is good news.
  20. Coach24

Coach24 New Member

Agreed. be optimistic and positive.
    In the end, God will decide the best remedy