Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Pre purchase inspection 98

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Gazoo, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Gazoo

Gazoo New Member

Greetings to the group. I am new here, but am happy to find a place to hang out and expect to be here a bit.

I am looking at a 98 K2500 with the big block. I would appreciate any replies as to what things on this year/generation that might be problematic and/or I should look for during a pre-purchase inspection (self performed).

Thanks in advance.

Gazoo

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome! I had a '99 3/4 ton crew cab and never had any problems with it. With the big block, you get the HD tranny & suspension so they are pretty much "bullet proof". Might check normal fluids to see what they look (and smell) like, but nothing else I can think of. Good luck!