Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Predator Question

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Lee Indy, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Lee Indy

Lee Indy Member

I know i can change the shift points with it and remove some torgue managment. the question is can i adjust shift points for my tow mode and my regular mode and whats generally considered the best range to put them in?

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

You can adjust both tow and regular shift points. As far as the shift range I played with mine, my truck is lifted with 35" tires so I delayed my shift points in all the gears.

3. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I dont mean to high jack your thread Lee, but I just pluged up my predator for the first time in my '08 Silverado and was not sure I needed to choose the Diablo Tune or the 87 octane tune. All I am really wanting is to reduce the torque managment and improve the power a bit through out the power band. Any ideas?

4. Lee Indy

Lee Indy Member

the diablo tune is for 93 octane. you could run the 83 and turn off the torgue magment

any others on a non lifted truck have ideas for tranny points?

5. Lee Indy

Lee Indy Member

need some help here. got it tonight and got a check engine light before i had a chance to unbox her. so i used the diagnositic first. and i get codes p0137 and p0157 both bank one and two aft 02 sensor voltage low. i cleared them and monitored them and they do kick off for a sec but why would both go at the same time every time. and both my rear 02 sensors are new within the last 15k.

and how do i delete these with the predator?

6. silveradotrailblazer

Lee, go to the modify tune section and scroll down its near the bottom to the O2 section, press enter and you will see the codes it can remove.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Hey Lee and Ajarman, If you go to Diablos website, click on products and then your part# it shows what you can adjust with the Preditor. If you click on the read letters that say Click here for more detail, it explains how to adjust the settings in more detail.

7. Lee Indy

Lee Indy Member

thanks silver. my u7198 req a custom tune its not an option but either way it doesnt matter.

I figured it out. both rear 02 sensors bad at the same exact time means.............. wait for it..................... dirt MAF. 3 dollar can of spray and presto no codes. runs better too. 400 miles in two days and nothing has come back.

my LTFTs need to come down 11% tho. wonder how thats gonna affect my mileage.

8. silveradotrailblazer

Getting the LTFTs adjusted makes one of the biggest improvments, better throttle response, mileage and all around performance.

9. Lee Indy

Lee Indy Member

i can agree with that now. there dialed in nicely.

now i need to get the laptop out to do some WOT runs (u7198 doesnt log AF but you can use a computer with the predator as a pass threw to do it.)