Predator Trouble Need help

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by AL3X, Oct 3, 2010.

1. AL3X

AL3X Rockstar

Ok well last night i was gonna go out to my girlfriends house but then i ended up not going because right when i turned on my truck it started to give out on me.
    I went about 2 blocks from my house and then it was studuring to go and then the check engine light pop up. After i made a stop at this busy street and i had to give it gas to go and it would just rev up to like 2k rpms and i would only reach 10-15 mph. So i turned around and i stop at this parking lot and i pulled out the programmer and it was giving me 4 error codes
    one was maf sensor, low voltage bank 1, low voltage bank 2, and something about performance stuck off( thats what it said on their)
    So i decided to uninstall the programmer and when i fired it up everything went away as if nothing ever happened.
    So my question is, why did this happened to me? And i havent modified any parameters the only thing i touched was the tire size and thats it.
    It sucks not having the programmer because now i feel the truck a lot slower just like before i purchased the programmer haha so id really like to have it on but i dont want to mess up my truck (i actually felt a huge difference right away from the way it shifts to the throttle response

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Have you tried reinstalling the programmer to see if anything happens again? Usually if its the programmer it won't upload into the truck or it won't run from day one of install. Or have the truck scanned for codes, not a code reader but a scanner.

3. AL3X

AL3X Rockstar

when i scanned for codes this thing called p0751 performance/stuck off poped up
    wat is that??
    Now when i uninstalled the software from my truck and i turned it back on everything was back to normal idk what it can mean

4. silveradotrailblazer

I would try Diablo's tech line, never seen or heard of the P0751 code.

5. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

try cleaning your MAF sensor with some CRC Mass Airflow spray cleaner...

it's not a tune issue.. it wouldn't just all of a sudden start doing it after it's been fine... unless something got changed in the tune... they can't change themselves...

6. AL3X

AL3X Rockstar

or could it be transmission slipping?????
    what are the symptoms of that

7. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey how did you change the tire size on your programmer? you have the 7193 model right?

8. silveradotrailblazer

ntbush83, you have to go to the modify tune section and scroll down to the tire size and enter your tire size.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

AL3X, did you clean your MAF sensor as 06MonteSS said. A dirty MAF can send false signals to the trucks computer.