1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

predator u7194 help

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by strasser_3, Aug 17, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. strasser_3

strasser_3 New Member

I have a 08 5.3 4x4 silverado bone stock. Just bought this tuner and loaded the 87 oct. tune. Didnt really tell any differance in the truck or fuel milage. Looking for someone to help set up a modified tune. Mainly looking for mpg and wanna stick to the 87 oct. fuel. Wouldn't mind **** canning the torque man. and getting alittle more power and getting the tranny to shift faster/firm.

Thanks

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Go to the modify tune section to make changes. I added 100rpm's to my idle, this helped throttle response, I played with the shift firmness and shift quickness and most important I adjusted the LongTermFuelTrims (injector slope). This really helps the performance, mpg's and throttleresponse. Go to Diablos website and there forum to see how to adjust the fuel trims.

3. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What silveradotrailblazer said is good info, especially about the fuel trims - they really are important to dial in and will make a big difference. I don't think you will be able to adjust shift timing or firmness because the 07+ trucks use a separate computer for the t transmission that the predator can't program. For torque management, I believe you can disable the engines part in that, but because of the separate transmission computer the transmission will keep it's torque management, which is probably better for your transmission anyway

Other than that, my best advice would be to join the forums on the diablosport website to see what each feature does and then play around with them to figure out what works best for your truck

4. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

yep, do some data logging man and see where things are at....

there's a sticky on diablo's predator GM gas forum about how to do it, what parameters to select to log, etc....