1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Predator vs BlackBear

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by sierra11, Oct 9, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

So I emailed the people at blackbear and Justin was telling me what all he does and he was saying that I could get around 30+HP 30+lbs and maybe 1-2mpgs. Is he just pulling my chain? Which would you guys go with?

2. biggmachz

biggmachz New Member

i just installed my blackbear tune last week via autocal, 08 avalanche 5.3 ltz
    had a hypertech programmer for 3 years ....
    there is NO COMPARISON!
    i'm not sure about the hp gain, but it pulls quicker from a stop light, avy actually feels lighter..
    the transmission shifts like a dream..
    i give blackbear thumbs up
    although i was getting a little anxious about the amount of time it was taking to get everything done, about a month after ordering, finally installed,, but well worth the wait

3. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah the "Custom Tune" or Blackbear is the way to go if your needing more power and overall trying to get more out of your truck compared to all the programmars on the market. They are just a waste of money and you can get the blackbear tune for $500 when the dang Hypertech and other's are around that price range it's kinda ridiculous if you think about it.. I plan on gettin the Blackbear tune myself but i think i'm keeping my stock CPU instead of giving them it and only paying $250 or so for the tune.

4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Apples and Oranges if you ask me. Even with the options the Predator offers you, you are not able to do what Blackbear is able to do. With the strong forum presence Blackbear can not afford to just BS around. I have yet to read or hear about someone not being more than pleased with them.

5. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Blackbear hands down. Diablo has been making false promises for years and has failed to deliver.

6. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yeah I was leaning more to the AutoCal one. He gave me 3 different options and that seemed the best for me

7. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

sure ya can.... you can get full custom tuning done for the diablo predator and trinity...

and the tcm support update for the Trinity has been released for the T43 tcm transmissions - i.e. the 6-speed auto's....

trinity has more features, better data logging, can hold multiple custom tunes in addition to the included diablo tunes, sd card support, analog input for a wideband, drag tree for performance testing, etc etc...

8. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well allot of people like Blackbear and they are at a good price but yeah there's up's and down's to both products if you asked me.. each his own..