Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

predator

Discussion in 'Programmers & Tuning' started by catmechanic07, Jun 11, 2012.

1. catmechanic07

catmechanic07 Former Member

2009 Silverado with a 5.3 (not flex fuel). I have the Diablo Predator installed. Need to know how or if I can do away with O2 sensors. Want to cut out cats but dont need CEL coming on. Any help would be appreciated. I may have to update my programmer but not 100% sure.
  2. DiabloMike

DiabloMike New Member

You can get a custom tune from someone like Lew to disable the O2s if needed...
  3. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

yep... he had sent me a PM already which I have replied to... ;-)

Thx!
  4. catmechanic07

catmechanic07 Former Member

Well! I wasnt aware you guys were on here. Glad to know now. If I do a custom tune, can it be removed like I do it now? I dont want to bring it to the dealer and they say the tune is what caused a mechanical issue. LOL.....Im sure it leaves tracks but Id remove the tune before I brought it there. I will get back with you soon Lew on a tune even if its the cheaper of the two options. Im still debating how loud this is gonna make my truck.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yes, it can be, just like you do it now...
  6. 06MonteSS

and it leaves no tracks... ;)

but yes, you would still be able to do the "restore original backup" just like you do now, as Surreal mentioned...

and besides just disabling the codes, I can also do a full custom tune on that truck for ya if you wanted... With the full custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, etc... and sometimes, maybe even a little better gas mileage - if you can keep your foot out of it! hahaha...
  7. Jason2325

Jason2325 Member

Hey I got a question, does Diablo make tune to sport the 8.1 liter Vortec?
  8. 06MonteSS

yes, both the inTune and Trinity programmers would work for your 2002 silverado 8.1L.....

I sell both the inTune and Trinity programmers, and I also offer a package deal for them that includes my custom tuning at a reduced rate, so you'd save money. Here's info:

inTune:
    http://intune.diablewtune.com/

Trinity:
    http://trinity.diablewtune.com/

as for the difference between the two... I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my car... engine tune wise, they're the same. but I like the Trinity alot better for data logging and monitoring, since it has a windshield mount (like a gps), a bigger, color screen, gauge layouts, etc so it's easier to go through while it's mounted, easier to find/select the parameters... you can save gauge/parameter layouts for logging/monitoring so you don't have to select the parameters every time - you just select a gauge layout you had saved from before, and all the parameters are already all selected and good to go... you can watch/view the data since it's mounted... the inTune does not have a mount, so you have to hold it or put it on the seat next to you, little harder to figure out and find where the parameters are to log, etc... again, these are MY personal preferences... other people like the smaller intune better (it's the size of a credit card), and having to hold it or lay it on the seat may be no big deal to them... but for me, for my preferences, I like the Trinity better...

so, it's up to you! :)
  9. Jason2325

Jason2325 Member

Ok so I'm think of buying one of the two, you say performance wise they are about the same. What will I be gaining out of them? I know better power and fuel efficiency but how much. Also will it allow me to ever ride my on board computer to for say allow me to take of my cats without limp power mode or check engine light coming on?
  10. 06MonteSS

you'd gain about 15 hp/tq with the canned preset tunes.. more with the custom tune.... no, you can not disable trouble codes with the tool yourself, you would have to get a custom tune done in order to do that... that functionality was removed years ago due to EPA regulations...

the diablo tools offer better gains, better/more complete data logging, the most end-user adjustable parameters of any other handheld... more supported vehicles... plus the ability to have custom tuning done for them/your vehicle, which the others don't - you are stuck with whatever tunes those others give you on it and that's it...

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery
    throughout the rpms, etc... and sometimes, maybe even a little better gas mileage - if you can keep your foot out of it! hahaha...

as far as gains go... absolute hp/tq gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... the same holds true for mileage gains - those variables, plus driving habits/style, how much highway vs city driving, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 3 mpg increase... tough to say due to the variables in play...

with the custom tune, I CAN tell you that you will definitely have a very noticable performance difference/gain over and above the canned preset diablo tunes...

I have gained people anywhere from 15-39hp, and 12-23lb. ft. torque...and 0 to 3.5 mpg... again, obviously mods, fuel used, etc all played a role in who gained what...