Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

premade subwoofer and box?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video Classifieds' started by silveradosam64, Oct 24, 2012.

1. silveradosam64

silveradosam64 New Member

HI everyone,
    I have a stock system,which is good,but would like to a subwoofer(s) and box? is there a unit someone makes that will fit in under the backseats?,I have an extended cab,2008.thanks,Sam
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

3. Texas Edition

Texas Edition New Member

foxacoustics.com makes ported and sealed boxes
    subthump.com makes sealed boxes.

Both of these companies use 3/4" MDF instead of 5/8" thick MDF. Made very well.

If you want some serious sound and want to be original, then I am selling my 4 Sundown Audio SA-8 V.2 Stock SPL 8" subwoofers in a custom ported fiberglassed box at 3cu ft tuned to 31Hz. This will only fit NNBS 2007+ Crew Cabs with a 3" seat lift, which I have a kit for it. I totaled my Sierra in late August before I got to install the subwoofers and amps in the truck. I was in the middle of redoing my wiring. I went to the tow yard and pulled out all of my stereo equipment and my T6-6061 Aluminum rectangle .25" thick blocks for the seat lift. It worked great! I uninstalled the blocks after installing them with the seats to make sure they fit well and they did. When I had the accident, the blocks were sitting in my bedroom about to be installed the next day.

It's up to you on how much boom you want. These are by far the absolute best 8" subwoofers out on the market. You can do some research on them on caraudio.com and caraudioclassifieds.com. People rave about these subs. Rated for 600wrms, but I was going to throw 900wrms at them and Jacob, owner of Sundown Audio, told me that these subs were the Stock SPL versions and could take 1000wrms.
  4. silveradosam64

silveradosam64 New Member

Thanks Texas Edition,I checked out those sites,both are good!I'll have to decide which one I will buy,I have a couple 10"subs and an amp,needed an enclosure,thanks again for the advice!
  5. Texas Edition

Texas Edition New Member

Not a problem. To get quick responses, then I suggest posting in the Subwoofer/Enclosures thread instead of the For Sales section.