1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Preparing For Lights Behind Grill

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by FrigginNoodles, Apr 17, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member 100 Posts

Hey everyone,
    I have seen many of you with the fog lights behind the grill and I love the look. Yesterday, I got a small set of 3" fogs for the upper section of the grill and today I will be going to purchase some 4" (or larger) fogs for the lower section of the grill. I will be doing the install tomorrow and will be sure to let you all know how this goes and take a lot of pictures. Here is a photoshopped picture of what I am going for.

[​IMG]
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks good. Should be a unique setup for sure.
  3. csurane24

csurane24 New Member

I'm currently looking to do the same thing, the only problem I'm running into is finding a offroad light that I can set back far enough so the heat doesn't melt the plastic grille.
  4. FrigginNoodles

Others have said that the heat won't be enough to melt the grill. I am trusting the club on this one. I got all my lights and can't wait to start tomorrow night. I settled for the cheapies from advanced (one set was given to me for doing a stereo).

Uppers (couldn't help but open them):[​IMG]

Lowers: [​IMG]

Okay, so they aren't the nicest lights, but they will do for now...
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  5. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 New Member 100 Posts

Do lotsa pics should be a hot look
  6. FrigginNoodles

Just got home from work and got the truck in the garage and the grill taken apart. I will take lots of pics! Should be an update here later tonight.
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Make another install video like the other one, it was great.
  8. FrigginNoodles

Def will make a video of them in action. Just got them mounted up. Now for the wiring. I am going to wire them to a switch inside my flip up console for now. I want to do a project similar to this LINK and move the switches to the overhead console. Here is a pic of them mounted.

[​IMG]

I have to move the upper passenger side light up just a bit and they will be good. They are really close, but it will bug the crap out of me if I don't fix it

**Edit- If you didn't notice I just kicked over my drink :grrrrrr:
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

They look even to me, maybe its the drink you kicked over.LOL.
  10. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I am in for another video!! I love my fogs behind my grill.

[​IMG]