Preparing For Lights Behind Grill

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by FrigginNoodles, Apr 17, 2011.

1. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Hey everyone,
    I have seen many of you with the fog lights behind the grill and I love the look. Yesterday, I got a small set of 3" fogs for the upper section of the grill and today I will be going to purchase some 4" (or larger) fogs for the lower section of the grill. I will be doing the install tomorrow and will be sure to let you all know how this goes and take a lot of pictures. Here is a photoshopped picture of what I am going for.

[​IMG]

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Looks good. Should be a unique setup for sure.

3. csurane24

csurane24 New Member

I'm currently looking to do the same thing, the only problem I'm running into is finding a offroad light that I can set back far enough so the heat doesn't melt the plastic grille.

4. FrigginNoodles

Others have said that the heat won't be enough to melt the grill. I am trusting the club on this one. I got all my lights and can't wait to start tomorrow night. I settled for the cheapies from advanced (one set was given to me for doing a stereo).

Uppers (couldn't help but open them):[​IMG]

Lowers: [​IMG]

Okay, so they aren't the nicest lights, but they will do for now...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  5. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Do lotsa pics should be a hot look

6. FrigginNoodles

Just got home from work and got the truck in the garage and the grill taken apart. I will take lots of pics! Should be an update here later tonight.

7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Make another install video like the other one, it was great.

8. FrigginNoodles

Def will make a video of them in action. Just got them mounted up. Now for the wiring. I am going to wire them to a switch inside my flip up console for now. I want to do a project similar to this LINK and move the switches to the overhead console. Here is a pic of them mounted.

[​IMG]

I have to move the upper passenger side light up just a bit and they will be good. They are really close, but it will bug the crap out of me if I don't fix it

**Edit- If you didn't notice I just kicked over my drink :grrrrrr:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

They look even to me, maybe its the drink you kicked over.LOL.

10. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am in for another video!! I love my fogs behind my grill.

[​IMG]