President Obama

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jan 20, 2009.

1. jlsparky7

jlsparky7 Rockstar

We are all screwed. I cant believe he got voted in.....

2. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

well i dont need to say who i voted for LOL

all is good i saw how he screwed up the oath ...dunno

:)

3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Naw, life will go on.

4. sdavis2702

sdavis2702 Rockstar 100 Posts

Ain't that the freakin' truth...

5. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I read a comment today on MSN stating "He can't be any worse than Bush" so I just feel he deserves a chance. I Voted for the other guy but let's see where Obama takes us.

6. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well, no matter which way we voted, we just have to sit back and hope for the best now. Hopefully he will be a good leader.

7. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Some of the most successful presidents had very low approval ratings. Bush doesn't have the best approval rating......

8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Well, if I can be an optimist for a minute ... I'm thankful that I do live in a country that gives me relative freedom. Freedom of speed, of assembly, of religion, of work, etc. I have the ability to take a job and make a better living than just about anyone else on the planet ... I mean people who live in Povery in the US live better than a King did 300 years ago.

We've got a society that actually cares about people. If you're in a car wreck, you've got police and fire trucks and ambulances there to take care of you. If your house catches on fire, the FD will come put it out and people will risk their lives to help you. If you get sick we've got the best health care that exists anywhere! Our health care is so advanced that even former Russian President Boris Yeltson hired an American cardiologist to oversee his heart surgery. So, things could be worse. Hoesntly, I don't think the strategy over the past 8 years was spot-on, and I certainly don't think that the strategy planned for the next 4 years is the right course of action, but the media was pretty good as changing the focus away from issues and to ad homenin personal attacks, so we'll see what happens to real issues.

9. werty

werty Rockstar 100 Posts

im ok with it all UNTIL they try to come after my guns or my v8 350...then its on
    :fighting0037::fighting0034:

10. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I screwed up my wedding vowes. I had to get the padre to repeat a bit for me. I can see how easy it is with everything going on.
    Although I didn't vote for the guy he does have a common sense approach to fixing our problems. He is appointing some good minds to high positions, not his buddies. I say lets give him a chance. Whether we like it or not, he is our President and I believe that we should respect him and the position he is in.
    Not to say that we can't disagree with his decisions or policies but the only way our country can survive is if we all stand United.
    Having said that, it's time to renew your NRA membership.