1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

President Obama

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jan 20, 2009.

1. bzboardco

bzboardco New Member

You are going to be very depressed the next 4 to 8 years. You just need to go to the doctor right now and get anti-depressants. Obama won this election by a landslide. Most Americans saw through Rev Wrights crap and tail coat riding claim to fame. They saw through McCain's nothing-but-bashing political strategy. They realized that McCain was too identical to Bush and that someone new needed to take office. I may get crap for this but I was hoping Clinton would have beat Obama. She didn't so I can't say much I just hope that Obama can can do great job and stand beside him instead of against him.
  2. cascott325

cascott325 New Member 1000 Posts

stand beside who? who the hell is him?

though the person i voted for didn't get office, i am slowly coming to relaxation, i do think it is ok for him to be president because he's black, green brown, purple, Muslim, Jewish, christian, whatever, that stuff doesnt matter to me. what does matter are the things he represents. I do not like the fact that he is extremely pro-union along with 95% of the democratic party. i see the pro's and con's of being pro choice, however i believe pro life is the way to go, i think guncontrol is neccessary, but the complete irratication of guns of all sorts is wrong. a person who has no violent or unstable history should be able to own a deadly weapon of their choice. i also think that a person who is allowed to own a gun should be allowed to carry a gun concealed if and only if that person has taken the required courses and is properly trained and approved by their residing state to do so. ( on that note, FYI you should jump on the opportunity to get your concealed and carry permits immediately due to the fact that the ability to do so will be no more very soon) those who have guns, dont be afraid of losing them to obama, be afraid of paying unfair taxes on firearms, ammunition, and probably taxes on the ones you own. there is so much more. but you should do the research. seriously, dont be ignorant to the real truths, dont be close minded. it is amazing what you can find if you really want to
  3. bzboardco

bzboardco New Member

I understand the gun thing, ( I hear about it all the time my Mom owns a Country Store in the South Georgia) I am not ignorant at all. It just doesn't bother me at all. I am not a hunter I own one 12 gauge that my Dad bought for me when I was 18. That I may have shot about 3 times in 10 years. As long as Walmart sales Louisville Sluggers I feel I am just as safe. If I have to pay to own my 12 gauge I will sell it. If you would rather continue the country to be ran the it is now because you will have a harder chance to own a gun, then the world is def in heartening situation, but it is all opinions. We all have them but I really don't see the President caring because below the Bible Belt people want to own guns.
  4. cascott325

i find that truely offensive, i am a christian, and i love my God! how dare you insult me and any other gun owning christian by calling us below the bible belt
  5. bzboardco

bzboardco New Member

I apologize if I offended you.
  6. cascott325

thank you sir. you are a good person
  7. bzboardco

bzboardco New Member

AHHH...Politics is the hardest discussion to have because no matter what anyone says someone else will have a response that is different then yours, but that is what the makes the Freedom of Speech one of the best tools.

I REALLY DO APOLOGIZE THAT WHAT I PUT OFFENDED SOMEONE IF ANYONE ELSE READS WHAT I PUT AND GETS OFFENDED I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE :great: