1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pressure Washer Advice

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by CarpenterGuy, Dec 4, 2008.

1. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy New Member 100 Posts

I need a pressure washer. I'll be using it to clean fences, decks, and driveways/walkways. I'll probobly use it to clean siding and a car or two also. What PSI should I be looking for, and what brands do you recomend?
  2. jiujitsu

jiujitsu New Member

you dont need anything more then a 2500 psi and anything with a honda motor are nice...and graco has some real good 1's but for what you need he gracos are a lil much
  3. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i agree, dont get a Briggs. too

Craftsman is always good ...
  4. CarpenterGuy

Yeah, i've been looking at Craftsman. They always have sales.
  5. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

do yall have any Harbour Freight Tool stores up there?
  6. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Honda powered is what i have and i bought it at Home Depot. Make sure you winterize it though or you will be replacing the wand next year.
  7. sweetdawg99

sweetdawg99 New Member

we have a harbor freight by me. i dont mind it. good place to get a single use tool that you plan on tossing after yer done. My friend remarked that the whole store looked like it should be stamped 'Made in China'.
  8. CarpenterGuy

Yeah, i've been to Harbor Freight. I'm pretty sure it's all Chinese made stuff. I need something that'll last close to a lifetime though.

How do you winterize it?
  9. JMoney02

JMoney02 New Member 100 Posts

Well, I have a Craftsmen, Briggs motor and it has been a workhorse. 2950 with three attachments for pressure, one is for low pressure that is used for chemicals. Has two bottles attached to the carry cradle to dispense cleaners for the varity of applications mentioned. I have had this now for 4 years and never had any issues with it. On sale with Craftsmen Club card was 400.00
    And pretty much unless it;s stamped MADE IN THE USA, its MADE IN CHINA........ The port in CAL.
    is expected in increase from 20% to 70% import in the next 2 decades, saw this on the History Channel last night on its new show about trains and how the rails are used for the ports in Cal.....

Jeff