Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

price this......

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by lancer, May 20, 2010.

1. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I seen this today at a dealership, it didn't have any info on it but i think i found it on their website. from what i could see it has 39" mud grapplers, 20" rims, rough country suspension lift, 3" superlift body lift, it had an aftermarket front grill, headlight blackouts, aftermarket nerf bars, fender flares, and bed cover

here it is from their website...........

2005 Silverado 1500 LT
    $25,995
    5.3L V-8

here is a picture from my phone, not the best but its been raining like crazy here

[​IMG]

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What ya looking at getting it??? id offer them $22K out the door, after all it is 5 years old, and they didnt give the guy a dime on trade for the extras...
    And is that a ford mirror i see??? Are you driving a "gasp" ford??? utoh haha

3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Kelley Blue Book shows that truck should retail at $20,000 and trade in at $14,000. Typically dealers don't give a lot of extra value for lifted trade ins but try to sell them for more than a stocker. The retail value I give is for a truck with "Oversize off road tires" and "20" plus wheels" . In my opinion the value should go down on lifted trucks because the chances are it's been abused and off roaded. Also do you know if it's been regeared? What was the mileage when the lift was put on? Don't know if your interested in buying this truck, but one thing to think about is, you could be buying someone elses problems. Have to admit it does look pretty good, now I know what mine would look like if I would've went that route!

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  4. lancer

i'm not interested in buying it, my brother is looking for one and i seen this one when i was at work and stopped by to look at it. it seemed kinda high priced to me so i was just wondering what everyone else thought of it.

yes that is a ford mirror :( i drive an f150 for work, they won't switch to chevys...........I've tried :great:

5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

First do a Carfax on it.... See if you can find the first owner. Ask him what was done.. If you can't look over it top to bottom..Look for dry mud under it, marks like rub marks under from hitting rocks or what ever could hit and rub off the under coating that GM puts on. Look at the rears see if the bolts have been moved..Check where the seat gets bolted to the floor. Is there rust? Did the dealer spray something in there to make it smell good only to hind the reat smell.. If this all checks out.. Just ask them if they got it as a trade in or Wholesale? If WS they paid around $18K for it.. It does look nice I would offer them $20K for it and see where it goes...

Good Luck... and let us know..

6. murdog94

i Was just shooting from the hip on $22K i didnt book it. But wow, i thought there would be a touch more value there... But yes.. Oh and when you offer them $18K for it since they got it at wholesale i wanna be there to see the managers face.. or if it was a trade in i wanna see when you offer $16K.. Because they will go "well, well, well its got a lift and those big rims that adds $7K to the value right there, plus its a crew cab and those are really desireable" And then he will stutter something else you cant understand.. Gotta love dealer mark up.. And they wonder why people dont go to some dealers... But for sure let us know if your brother takes a look at it...

And actually ford trucks to me are just fine... I wont own a dodge however..

7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

They probably won't budge much on their price because they know there is a "sucker" out there who will pay based on looks alone.:glasses:

8. murdog94

Well this much i know hence why i want to see the look on their face... Whats bad is that sucker will probably have 10% interest and a $600 mo. pmt on a be paying for 7 years for it... I hate dealers... But then again i did post up a guy on CL that was asking $19K for a 1997 chevy.. so private sellers arent always the best either.

9. lancer

i'd love to have this truck its excatly what i want but i'd be giving up only having 2 more years to pay my truck off and about 58,000 miles difference :glasses:.....plus its a year older than mine....

10. sharpshooterusmc

sharpshooterusmc Rockstar 100 Posts

imo, i would not buy it, i used to work at a 4x4 shop before i joined the marine corps and that big of a tire on a half ton is just a money pit. u should never put bigger than a 35" on a indipendant front suspension half ton. iv seen many trucks come in with 37"-38" with less than 100k miles and the whole front end is shot. ball joints and stearing componets. and that 10 bolt rear wont hold up to good.
    just my opinion from what iv seen